Thursday, March 27, 2014

Kenchin Jiru Recipe (Traditional Japanese Soup)



Last year I joined Kawagoe marathon. After the race hot soups called kenchin jiru (けんちん汁) in Japan were distributed for runners. I stood in the line with a ticket for one soup. but many runners got the soup and it was distributed completely before I get it. I was sad... So I cooked the soup at home. Let me introduce the recipe.

Kenchin jiru is a traditional vegetable soup in Japan. Basically the sauce is a soy sauce but I think Miso can be used too. This soup is traditional light taste and a little boring for youth comparing with a strong Ramen. (maybe it's same for foreign travelers...)  But this is a mother's soup and reminds me a childhood :)

Kenchin Jiru recipe 


INGREDIENTS (serves 2)


METHOD

1.Cut all vegetables and heat them with an oil.


2.add water and boil them. (lower the heat when it's boiled)


3.add Dashi-no-moto into water.

4.add leek into water.

5.add soy sauce and salt and miso. adjust the taste. See, it looks good?



If you do it right, this is delicious and healthy soup. You can makes your family and friends happy :)



3 comments:

  1. Me and my team was in search of a rarely found platform which can help us for our new assignment. We are writers and its been a long time we are in this writing field. So we would appreciate help of this blog. Noodle restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my team member bring into my consideration about features of this platform. I usually do not believe any unseen pictures but this blog put some new thoughts in my mind. Glad to come here. Japanese ramen

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the wake of perusing this blog, I might want to request more articles over and over. I am feeling myself as fulfill by became more acquainted with these all such data which never went as far as anyone is concerned. Please essayist more. Szechuan Food in Twin Cities

    ReplyDelete